This is a service to clinical
Please note that the only translocations for which this model predicts risks are balanced, reciprocal translocations. The model is not applicable to Robertsonian translocations, inversions, de novo translocations, sex chromosome rearrangements, and translocations involving more than two chromosomes.Information required to estimate translocation carrier risks:
First, in determining risks for a translocation carrier, it is essential to consider how the translocation was initially ascertained. Typical reasons for ascertainment include:
- Prenatal diagnosis for an unrelated reason (i.e. maternal age)
- Blood chromosome studies because of multiple pregnancy loss or infertility
- Birth of a child with a balanced or unbalanced chromosome translocation
- A translocation identified on products of conception that was inherited from a parent
To obtain translocation risk estimates:
- Please print our translocation information request form and fax it to our office before contacting Dr. Trunca by telephone. That single sheet is usually all that is necessary.
- Contact Dr. Carolyn Trunca directly at The Genetics Center. Since we are offering this as a free service to the genetics community, we are unable to return phone or fax messages or provide written information to you or your patients.
- Dr. Trunca is generally available between noon and 5PM weekdays.
- Please do not have patients contact Dr. Trunca directly for this information.
Services | Insurance | Directions | Glossary | Genetics links | Topics of Interest | Our Staff | Pictures | Contact us | Home